Sunday, June 17, 2012

And in the beginning, there was fire...

And in the beginning, there was fire...

Well it's my birthday... turned 31 today. I always feel like I need to do something different, make a splash, give myself a treat. Do something that deep within my heart I've wanted to do for some time, but no other day is special enough to make the change.





So ok. Here it is. A blog! My wildest fantasy come true! Ok, maybe not. Facebook always seemed so dissatisfying as a vehicle for compiling images or stories to share my life with family and friends. Maybe this will allow me to let loose a bit, share longer thoughts, tales, ideas. Get some real feedback and connect with others in the community. We'll see.

What will this blog be about? Well, for anyone who knows me, I have an unhealthy obsession with all things culinary. And not because I'm especially good at it, or have a knack for cooking, but because it fascinates me. Not just food itself, but food politics, global issues, policies, trends, culture...what we eat defines who we are, and all that.

But, I'll start with what I know best. Local food scene in Northern California (well ok, Sacramento since I'm not yet experienced enough for the larger area, maybe one day) recipes with a spicy kick with a focus on local and fresh, and my thoughts and fascination with food trends.

And most important of all, for those that know me, you probably won't find any standard breakfasts, anything sickly sweet, or anything one would call normal. If my day doesn't start with a kick, the day just won't start. Down with pancakes and waffles, and pass the Sriracha on toast!

Hope you enjoy, and please leave me feedback good or bad. This blog will evolve as I get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment